Haunted Cabin

Crunch crunch crunch, the rocky path crumbled underneath their feet as they walked past the dead bushes. The deteriorated leaves laid on the floor as if they were cadavers. Staring at them was the haunted cabin they had come to see. 17th century logs were stacked on top of each other to create walls. “Are you sure you guys want to do this?” said Pedro with hope that Danny and George would say no. George nodded while Danny said, “Do you really think we packed this ghost hunting material for nothing?” Pedro walked up to the door to turn the door handle, but before he could touch it the door opened by itself.
The hinges let out a creak as if the door was telling them not to enter. The lights flickered so George went to turn them on but they would not work. As he turned around, Danny and Pedro were gone. He heard a girl shriek but no one else had entered the house in years.
Pedro slowly tip toed down the hall as he received cobwebs to his face. When he got to the end of the hall, he realised that Danny was not there, yet he felt a dark presence.
Danny held the ghost metre as it buzzed and flashed red. A ghost showed up in a closet. He crept over to the closet and just as it hit 3am, everyone heard a loud banging noise coming from above.
George and Pedro stumbled around in the pitch black to try and find Danny. Just as they passed the bathroom, they bumped into each other. They walked into the bedroom to try and find Danny. They saw the attic ladder hanging down from the roof, so they decided that might be where the noise came from. They slowly climbed the ladder using feeling senses as the could not see. Behind them they heard the attic door loudly lock.
Danny gasped. They all knew they were locked in and maybe stuck there forever. Pedro nibbled his fingernails as his heart beat out of his chest. George paced the attic at least 100 times. Danny looked through the backpack for anything he could possibly use to pick a lock but he was unsuccessful.
They all saw a black shadow dash across the attic and they knew they had to jump. They slowly crept to the window. They got on to the edge of the roof and they counted down from 3 and jumped into the green murky pond.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!