I can't believe it happened to me

One stormy day while doing research project on horses at home I thought about being a horse rider. Not just any horse rider but the best in the world. I asked my parents can you buy me a horse so that I can practice horse riding ? They said when its your birthday. My birthday was two days later.

As my parents promised they bought me a horse. I was very happy that I could now practice horse riding. The horse was a strong and very, very fast animal.

Everyday I used to ride my horse around the local park. I was getting better at horse riding.The first time was the only time I fell off the horse.My ankle felt sore, it was like a hammer beating a nail over and over again.I purposly did not tell my parents because I knew they would not let me horse ride again. My big chance was almost knocking at my door,the olympics were coming to town and I wanted it as bad as I craved a bag of potato chips.

I asked my parents if I could go to a horse riding club and they said yes. I took my horse with me and I went to the club. "The three best people from this club will go to the olympics" said the boss.

It took days to choose the 3 people, those 3 days felt lide a decade. Finally they chose James, Mark and I. I could not believe I was in it. I was filled with joy, like a baby with a knew toy. I could not wait to sink my teeth into the experience.

The big day arrived quickly "ready, set , go" said the olympic official. I was in first place , then every one caught up and to my suprise I was suddenly last. James was first. I got my horses energy back with a whisper of treats in his ear.Suddenly I won the race.

I got the gold medal, every one was cheering.My mum, my dad and my uncle.I was even happy myself, however the hammer pain was back and and I could not hide the pain. A doctor came and I found out that when I fell the first time I had twists my ankle. I went to the hospital. They checked me to see if there was any lasting damage but sent me home to rest ready for the next race.

.If I was to beat James, I would be the best horse rider in the world.I knew that I could beat him. We versed each other in Cecil Hills Park.

James was coming first, then I caught up .James was back on the track .Luckily there still a 100 meters to go. I was back in the lead and I won. I was the fastest horse rider in the world it felt as though I'd just been reborn.What an experience!


Andrew Gad
Year 3
ST.Mary & ST.Mina's Coptic College

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!