Tears


Bombs rain down exploding every few seconds. Tears start to flood my eyes wondering when and if my mum reached a safe ground bunker. My little sister Ellie lays in my arms as she cries her way to sleep. I wonder if it will ever stop. I hear screams of the innocent people that didn’t make to safety. Families that got turned away from a full bunker. I wonder if my father and brother are still alive fighting for justice or have they been taken to the soldiers training camp.
I wake up as everyone gets ready to leave the bunker. They open the capsule the light hurts my eyes I look away ‘Ellie come on’ I said getting up but there was no answer ‘Ellie? WHERE ARE YOU ELLIE’ I cried ‘calm down darling’ said a lady patting my back ‘while you were sleeping she got taken with all the other children under 10’ ‘but why’ I cried ‘where are they taking her’ ‘to her mother’ I started to calm down ‘when do I get to see my mum’ I asked quietly ‘we don’t know yet Hun’ she replied.
I’m a sensible girl and I will not cry I thought but I couldn’t hold it back. My eyes flooded once more. ‘it’s ok darling’ the lady said once more you will be home soon’ and I bet that wasn’t true. Adults just say that so we will shut up I thought stubbornly.
‘Flu inspection gather around’’ said a loud male voice. Treacherous needles I thought the sharp pointy type ‘line up quickly single file’ he said whacking someone on the back with his ruler 'youngest to oldest!’ oh no that was me the only preteen in the room ‘I walked from the back of the line slowly to the front ‘arm please!’ I was so worried the I didn’t hear him until smack pain went down my body tears shot out of my eyes. A big red mark stained my arm ‘that ‘ill tech you stupid child to listen when your spoken to’ he yelled a he pierced the needle in to my arm I screwed my face up. I felt like never ending pain all over my body. Finally he pulled in back out. ‘Week little thing’ he mutter as I quickly stumble away.
I find myself a dark corner and I wait. I wait for everyone to start to climb the ladder into the open. I wait for ages until I felt a gentle hand pull me up ‘mother’ I whisper she hugs me so tight she look more beautiful then ever with her shining eyes looking down upon me like an angle from the heavens above. She holds me tight as she carries me out side into the thick humid air. A there is Ellie, my brother, and father waiting for me I run and hug them all at once. I start to cry tears of joy. Tears of relief. Tears of love.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!