Never Give Up

“Brrrrrrr” I’ve got some good and bad news. The good news is that my family and I are on a trip. The bad news is that it’s freezing here. Where?...the biggest cliff in the world! Which’s Nanga Parbat.

As we flounder through the thick white snow my family and I discuss what we are doing here, we are here because my sister is a professional rock climber and she is about to free climb (climb without a rope) Nanga Parbat.

It’s 8am and the weather is so crispy cold that I can’t feel my fingers and I don’t think anybody else can either.

Right now I have a lot of faith in my sister because she has been practising so much. I think she is really nervous right now, well wouldn’t you? I am even more nervous for her than she is for herself. Josie (my sister) is starting now, let’s hope she can do it.

I kept on jeeling the same words to her over and over again “never give up, don’t stop now”. And she just kept on saying back “I heard you, you don’t have to keep on saying it.’It had been an hour already and Josie is almost done, but then all of a sudden she was just standing there. Josie had gotten stuck at a really reechy bit, but she tried her hardest.

She has finally done it. Josie is standing on top of Nanga Parbat, her face is lit up with delight. And even better she has broken the world record she climbed it in 1 hour and 5 minutes and the record was 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Once the rest of my family had climbed up it as well (with a rope of course) and had walked down the path. In total it took about 6 hours. But after we did all that we realised that we don’t have enough fresh water to last us as long as we thought so we decided to go home.

We are in the car, mum turns the car on, oh poop the freakin battery to the car is flat. Fudge this isn’t a good time. Now I want fudge.

‘Why did the Wardrop family take so long to get home?’ I asked mum
‘I don’t know,’ answered mum.
‘Because their stupid car battery was flat’ I said
I know it wasn’t a very funny joke but I was bored. About 40 minutes ago my dad said that he had called a helicopter line to come and rescue us, the man said he would be here in 5 minutes but that didn’t happen.

Hooray an hour later and it’s here, no more of my stupid jokes. We hopped in and the people said they would send someone for our car later. Finally we are home and in my warm and cosy bed. Such a wondrous day. I flicked my lamp off and fell fast asleep as soon as I closed my eyes.






















FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!