Sad Sorrow

Mum: Obsessed with cooking and keeping healthy, likes to recycle and loves sewing.
Goes off her nut everyday. Watches cooking shows, romance and comedy. Sends EMBARRASSING school photos to relatives.

Dad: Business man, he's a social media manager and works for Crunchy Media. Has a vegetable garden and if your football lands in his vegetable you better call a lawyer and make your will!

Me: Eleven, turning twelve. Into a lot of different stuff. Music, sports, writing, computer games and animals. Put my name down for a writing competition, might as well give it a go. Have a best friend called Nick. Want to be a vet.

Bryian: eight. Good kid, most of the time. Got a motorbike for his birthday. Plays guitar and loves elephants. Best friends with the neighbour, Jack. They were born on the same day. The name Bryian means ‘high’ or ‘noble’. That might be going a bit too far.

Claire: Five. LEGEND! Awesome. Steals my chocolates from mum's room every Friday. Asks questions like “ why do we have to wear special clothes at night?”, “are unicorns real?”, “ am I a boy or a girl and how do we know?”


My siblings and I went outside as gusts of winds came smacking in our pale faces. As this fuming gigantic hurricane formed smack down in our paddock, as trees came flying for our shed, and all of our livestock and possessions were perished.

I came racing inside strangling my siblings hands, holding on tight. I release them and we all sprint up stairs searching for bags and clothing. We only had about half an hour to go. We gather our bags and aggressively throw them in the car. I raced inside, ignoring my Mother's screams. I dash in the lounge room grabbing all the photographs, pillows and blankets. Something collapsed on my leg, it was the table. The vase had shattered and stabbed me, I couldn't move. Mum came flying in almost stepping on me and blood squirted everywhere.

Mum struggles to carry me and our possessions. Dad sees us and falls out of the car, dashing towards me and continues to run, Dad takes off his coat and rides off his sleeves and bandaged up my leg, they put me inside and start lecturing me about how stupid I was. My siblings keep asking me about my leg and then I feel a sudden tap on my shoulder, it was Claire and Bryian
“ Happy birthday, sis” they whispered. We all hug each other as trickles of water fall down our sobbing faces.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!