Sadness

Excellence Award in the 'Just Keep Writing 2019' competition

Sadness, so pure, so strong, yet so utterly weak, lies deep inside us all. True, real sadness is when you can feel it deep inside your bones, throbbing more than a bullet to the naked flesh. Sucking you deep down into a spiralling hole, it grabs you and takes control of your life, wasting it second by second. This feeling is its worst when you realise you are never ever going to smile again or feel happiness, and your entire world turns black and crumbles before your own frightened eyes. Like a snake catching its prey, it kills you slowly, eating up your soul one day at a time until all that is left is a lifeless outline of a human being that was once home to your now dead soul. Sadness is never merciful, it does not feel pity for you simply because you are young and have so much more life to live. Life is not of any importance to this creature; all that is important is death and everything composed of fright. Some people are so simply depressed they take their own life and surrender themselves to the eternal sorrow inside them. Whether old, whether young, there are people constantly being taken by this beast, never to see eye to eye with light and happiness again. Walking around on this broken, destroyed world there are millions of bodies with no real soul because this monster has taken them to its land. Serving this beast unknowingly we are degrading our Earth and ourselves all the time, not realising how much damage we are really doing. Soon it will all be gone. All euphoric thoughts. All beautiful creatures. All stunning nature. Everything we have been generously given will be gone because this despicable thing has taken it all away. Some of you may be thinking that you see happy people every day, smiling and having fun. But those smiles and laughs are not real; they are a facade made to cover up what truly lies beneath everything you think you see. Behind those bright eyes and grinning faces is something unspeakably dark and mysterious, lonely and silent. Very few people are able to condone the sin of sadness, see light through the darkness and break through the bars back into their former home. Many are intoxicated with the pure depression they see around them, and disappear. Those who have broken through are the strong ones, be like them. Do not let this thing take our lives, let the small pocket of life bring smiles and sunshine back into the world. Help others to retrieve everything they have lost, and bring hope back onto this Earth. Even though sadness is not merciful and is the reason of all hatred in this world, let it be the reason that we can thrive and grow into the amazing people the world hoped for us to be. Let it be the reason we have happiness.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!