A Cat Called Sophie

BONG! "Meow" cried Sophie as she jumped onto a big drum in the music room. Lilly, Sophie's owner, walked into the room happy to see Sophie gleefully hopping and playing in the music room. Sophie is a little black kitten with green eyes. Her owner Lilly lets her tail grow very big and fluffy. And Lilly is a 14 year old girl with blondish, brownish coloured hair and hazel coloured eyes. This day had all happened on a cold and frosty Saturday.

Sophie is tired of playing around in the music room for a whole four hours! She lies down on a fluffy grey cushion on the sofa in the living area. Remember how Lilly lets Sophie grow her tail very big and fluffy? Well, while Sophie was sleeping it grew 100 times bigger than her usual tail was!

When Sophie woke up, she caught all of the pillows on the sofa she was sleeping on in her tail, including the sofa itself. Sophie walked to her food bowl and ate up all of her food. As she turned around to walk away, her food bowl got stuck in her tail, her kitty biscuits got stuck in her tail, and her water bowl got stuck too! Sophie caught a drum, a guitar, 7 pot plants, an iPad, the living room table, all of the dishes and five big suitcases!

"I'm tired of your silly big fluffy tail getting everything stuck in it!" shouted Lilly. "I'm getting rid of all that fluff!" Lilly got some scissors out of Sophie's tail and clipped, clipped, clipped away at it. Soon Sophie's big tail was as small as a daisy.

Lilly is very relieved. "Well!" she exclaimed. "Now I know not to let your tail grow so big and fluffy, and to take you for a tail-cut every week." Sophie is super happy that it is short again because it itched, a lot.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!