Euphoria

Times were different now. They felt different. Were they really though? It had been a year - a year of euphoria. It was a foreign feeling, one I’d only ever dreamt of, but here I was in a small moment of bliss. Who was I to know how long it would last, but I’d take what I could. The longer the better. Moments like this left me with my breath hitched and cheeks burning up. I hated it so much, yet I wanted it to never end. Why was I so weak around you? Love? Could such a pitiful emotion create this trauma of joy?
“Baby doll. Is it good? Bad? Are you going to say anything?” I could feel his piercing gaze on me, but I refused to look up. This was a big thing. Was I ready to give myself to him? Let him own me, rule me, better yet, take possession of me. Could I trust him with my life? I mean, it’s been an entire year and I’ve had no harm come to me. Maybe that was a sign. A sign to trust him – But remember what happened last time you wore one of those? You still haven’t recovered. Don’t be daft. I could never ignore the pestering voice constantly nagging for me to build my walls up again. But the thing was that the voice didn’t- couldn’t understand why I couldn’t rebuild them. I was useless and incapable of rebuilding them, especially when they were just knocked back down each time.
For once the feeling of singularity was gone and replaced with one of serendipity - a feeling I’d never felt but within this year had become a prevailing emotion within my life, and I only had one person to thank…
He adopted me, took me in and cared for me like no other had. He treated me as a prince, but at the same time making sure not to make me feel helpless. I loved the attention, but I still wanted to be independent, even if it was only for some little things. He understood that, and respected my wishes, letting me do small duties such as cooking and shopping. Although I couldn’t leave the house without him, I couldn’t be more grateful. The outside world was scary and having him by my side made me feel safe and sound.
“Baby doll. You haven’t spoken or even moved for five minutes - I’m sorry was it too soon for me to ask?” His voice rasped, a sorrowful tone evident as his voice dropped to a whisper. My head snapped up, locking eyes with him after what felt like it had been years. His eyes held a poignancy of regret and anguish.
“N-no, please… Yes, yes, I want this so much. I’m sorry it took me so long, I was just caught off guard… I didn’t think you’d want to keep me around.” I spit out, unable to contain the bubble of excitement that was growing increasingly stronger. His eyes widen, looking deep into mine, trying to search for any traces of amusement, but there was none.
A smile sprawled across his face as he pulled me into a short and loving kiss. A giggle escapes my lips as I hug him tightly. I couldn’t be happier.
“Hurry up and put it on!” I whine impatiently. He smiles softly at me and takes the small strip of black leather and wrapping it around my neck, clasping it in place. I scurry over to the mirror staring at the beautiful collar that hugged my neck perfectly.
“Wow, I love it” I squeal in absolute delight, throwing my full weight onto him. He catches me easily, spinning me around.
“My handsome little hybrid” He laughs, laying another soft kiss to my lips, causing me to smile widely. He made me feel whole, he was my other half…
He was the cause of my euphoria.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!