Untitled

As I was exploring sweltering in the desert, I noticed a gigantic pyramid that was towering into tomorrow. Sweat was pouring from my face and I was desperate for some shade. I scrambled over the glistening sand dunes then closer and closer to the pyramid I came. When I finally got there I slowly plodded through the doorway.

It was very spooky inside the pyramid. There were tombs, treasure and old pictures of pharaohs. It was very interesting so I ventured deeper in. All of a sudden I heard a bang! And felt myself plummeting into a dark creaky chamber. I hobbled up to my feet and gazed around. The sound of vampires cackles and mummies mutters echoed through the cave. Suddenly I peered through the darkness and saw a pair of evil looking red eyes staring at me. It was a vampire! There was a pattering of feet on the floor and I knew it was coming for me.
Hurriedly, I looked around for something that could help me. In the corner I spotted something, it was a broomstick! It sounded crazy but it was my only chance to escape.

Clinging onto the broomstick I zoomed all the way out the door. The vampire tried to follow me but when I got into the blazing desert sun he just could not stand it. I shot through the sky to the back of beyond. Soaring over deserts, mountains and forests until I spied something. It was my house! Swiftly, I landed in my yard. I was jumping with joy. Not only did I escape the vampire but I also got a free broomstick and ride home from my hike.

That night I had wonderful dreams of all the adventure I would have with my broomstick but those are for another day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!