Anxiety Over Time

A million thoughts race at the back of my mind. It keeps me thinking at the best of times. I wish I could erase the past.
Ever since I could remember, ugly thoughts entered the door of my mind. I’d never seem to make peace with my past. The bottle of my pain comes from those I love. Seeing them in pain reflex on me, sometimes I want to cradle in my mother’s arms that are soft like a bed of grass. That isn’t always an option for me. Every hospital visit brings tears to my eyes, I’ve been to the Royal Brisbane hospital enough times, I know where everything is.
None of my friends know what it’s like to not be able to sleep through the night because of thoughts. No one deserves to go through what I have been through. Some nights I produce pools from the water in my eyes. I always feel sadness coursing through my vines like an injection.
I nearly never get to go to an outside of school activity because money is huge factor. Money is always being spent on my sisters’ these days. Money goes down the drain. Some days my dreams come crashing down like a pirate ship that lost a war. A battle is always occurring. Inside and out.
I know more names of medication then anyone in the class. I can always seem to taste the burning hopes, sour and cold. I feel scared, tired and hopeless nearly all the time. Words never help.
I read a book faster than a blinking eye, I have never wanted to face the cold harsh reality that awaits me after the final page. Everyone wonders why I have my own library.
Every time I pray to God, I pray for health and happiness. Maybe he is telling me I can do this on my own. Fear lashes out at me like whip.
I don’t remember the last time a day went my way. Why does it feel like a wall is blocking the happiness I really deserve? Tears tear down time. It takes a GPS to find my way back to myself. I have always been told ‘’if you can find yourself, you can find happiness.’’
My parents told me that if something is wrong, I tend to go quiet as if to erase stress. Maybe this is true. Every day I tell myself, one day all of this will be over. I can ride the river of peace.
As the days go by, I learn to let go of the past and look to the future a little better. Now I know that my biographies can be rewritten. Today I will climb the wall to happiness, no matter what stands in my way. I’ll be the hero I need. I will show the world what I am capable of. I’m strong. I’m brave.
I know that anxiety will disappear with time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!