The Great Escape

Bang! There I was running for my life but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. Let’s go back to where it all started.
I was about to be crowned Queen in a few days but with great power comes great responsibility, that was the one thing I didn’t want. I love being responsible but being reasonable for the whole kingdom, is a completely different thing. I’m already stressed about all my own things to do but now I have to stress about all the people in my kingdom relying on me? I don’t want to be queen, I just want to live a normal life!
Then it hit me, I should flee my kingdom tomorrow, the day before my coronation. As I visualize my escape, I slowly drift off and soon I am asleep. Just as I wake up I hear a knock at my door, it was my father…
“My dear Ava, wake up now my precious,” exclaimed the Father.
“Okay, Father,” I said yawning.
“Come now and get ready!”
“Yes, Father.”
I get up and head to my wardrobe as I peek inside, I see it. A silky gown as white as snow draping on the hard ground. I scream inside but remember I don’t like the man. So, I decide to put on a blue, flowy dress instead so it’s easier to escape in.
“Hopefully dad doesn’t see me before the wedding or there’ll be consequences.” I think to myself.
As I slip in to the dress, I think about the future. What would it be like? Would I be hated? What if I get caught? All of these thoughts rush through my mind as I picture the plan. An adrenaline rush comes upon me but then I was back. I calm myself down and try not to worry. It was only 9 in the morning and the coronation began at 6 tonight so I planned to leave during lunch so that mother and father were busy.
In no time it was 12. I looked through my window, all I could see was little people walking around my tower. When I was little I would count how long it took them to take 1 loop. It was exactly 3 minutes but during lunch they had a 5-minute break in between. I watched as they leaved and carefully opened my window. I let down the rope that I stole from the garden shed and start rappelling down. When I get to the bottom, I start to run. No one in sight. But then there was a…
Bang!
I sprinted as fast as I can. I hear the guards pointing the gun at me.
“Stop or we’ll shoot!” They yell.
My mind was in zone and I knew that’s if I ran I would be potentially be killed but if I stayed I would get punished. The decision I chose was to run and look at me now I’m still alive writing this story to you.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!