The Worst Day Of My Life

The day I got bought was the best day ever. But, this story is not about my best day…this is actually the worst day I’ve ever had.
It started with my owner having her birthday. I lay next to the birthday cake, silently cheering her on and wishing her a happy birthday. I did try to move but, there was something urging my body not to move. I struggled through pain but, failed miserably. I saw Hailey grab a slice of cake. I asked her for one politely, struggling through tears inside my wooden frame. She didn’t hear me. I wished to be able to move…to be a living thing. I knew it wouldn’t happen. I quit dreaming and focused on the blank space in my empty mind. There was nothing. I longed to be able to show her my emotions, to move from space to space, to be her best friend and be next to her whenever she needed me. I loved Hailey but, she didn’t love me back.
Hours had past until, I finally got to move again. I was excited. Excited for what would happen next. Hailey was moving so fast that I couldn’t picture any of the surroundings in my brainless mind. The next thing I knew, my frame was being shoved into a dark space. I hated these areas. I was either in a pencil case or a pocket. I realised it was none: I was in a garbage bin outside. Food scraps and rubbish surrounded me; It did not feel comforting at all. I wanted to cry. Hailey didn’t love me, she threw me out. I’m in perfectly good condition and she threw my effortless body in the garbage.
Hours went passed and my soul was draining. I had no soul but, I felt so emotional. I struggled through a pile of fruit leftovers and realised I couldn’t move. I tried crying tears and screaming my non-existent lungs out. Nothing would work. I had nothing. No brain, no mind, no movement. I was a lone pencil and I will remain that forever, I thought. I wish I could say “I love you” to Hailey. She never loved me…she just used me so she could finish college. That’s all I could think about…I wasn’t a normal pencil. I had emotions and I could see things. I don’t know why…I’m just not normal; I’m unique and special.
Days had passed and I knew I would be moved to the dump soon. I thought about being landfill. I shuddered at the thought. I could feel the ground vibrate and I felt myself being lifted up. The bin spun upside down and I fell into a truck. There was a banana peel next to me. I wanted to talk to it and have an actual conversation. I strained and fought my inner wood to move, to talk. I felt myself being ripped. I looked down at my frame…I tried to scream. I tried to cry. I was in pain. I was broken; emotionally and physically. I saw my once long body in half. My time was up. I wished for Hailey to go to my funeral. I was ready to say my goodbyes.
“ I love you..” My small voice said…..My vision went black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!