The House

It was a dark and fateful night in the silent street of Sydney. There was silent atmosphere around and sleep was being undisturbed. Life was neutral and undetectable as if there was no one. Then a loud and deafening bang and screams. Then an uproar of yelling and laughing. The citizens knew instantly that death had come. They grieved to see who it was, they crept closer and gasped, there was nothing there. Then a child had screamed! Someone had died and now they were sure where ever the scream was from would be the same place where the bloody splotches were leading to. They gasped again, a young girl lay there before them all. Crumpled lifelessly in-front of them and behind was a message written in blood. ‘This is only a beginning and more will come. No regret to do as your told. Watching your back constantly. Not looking up or down, just back and forwards. That is how she died.’ Read a towns man. A shriek came and a thud. Another murder right under their noses.
A few years later
Two young men were out walking. The younger one had blonde hair and bright blue eyes and was tall and thin. He had a scar down his left cheek and down to his chin. His older brother however was different. He had jet black hair and green eyes and was short and large consisting of muscles. “What’s up Jake?” said the older brother.
“Nothing is wrong Liam” replied Jake irritated. He didn’t like to talk to his step brother. He wasn’t kind to him or his sister who a few years ago had been murdered brutally. He had believed it was his brother though because his brother was meant to be babysitting her. He had always detested having to babysit and would always play Fortnite with his squad and now season 8 is out it is all he does. He tries to reach tier 100 and be a snobby try hard.
Then one day when they were grieving for his sisters sixteenth when they saw a house covered in blood and is old. It is where he found his sister. He yelled and yelled then not thinking ran in and kicked down the door. A loud bang and he fell there was blood dragged all over the floor. He had fell with fear. His brother came in supporting him. Then abandoned him to go upstairs. Left him in a haunted looking house in the dark. Then a bang overwhelmed him as something fell. He had been shot or someone else had. Then he jumped down with a double barrel shotgun. “Goodbye Jakey!” and pulled the trigger. I fell to avoid it. It missed. I jumped and he pulled the trigger again. I am now dead I know it. I still never saw the Sydney Opera house, or the Sydney Harbour Bridge and I live in Sydney! My life was on a short circuit and now its over.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!