Recovered Document – 13/02/2003 Li4uLiAuIC4tLi4gLi0tLiAgICAgLS0gLiDCty3Cty3Cty0=


Thomas walked down the dark hall, the creaking floorboards underneath him creating an eerie mood. Every so often, he heard a whisper or two, so he looked back. Always. And he saw it. The thing that followed him. This whole time. It was following him this entire time.
Thomas shook his head, walking just ever so slightly faster. He understood now. He understood what was happening. But what. What was following him?
Thomas’ heart pounded as he walked, endlessly. The walk turned to a run, the creaks getting louder until there was a door. A door on the side of the hallway. Thomas stopped to investigate, entering.
A light illuminated the room, emitting from the corner. A computer. He approached cautiously, looking back to see the door suddenly shut. It was here. He could tell, the whispers getting louder…
“Come and join me.” It lured.
“Please, open the door. Help us.” The whispers cried to him.
Thomas turned back, then locking the door. Yet he could still hear it. Now pounding on the door.
Thomas turned back to the computer, approaching it. It was already running. The title of what was running though, ran a chill through his spine. The program was titled ‘help me.’ He looked down and sighed.
He sat down, opening the program.
Loading…
Loading…
Loaded – Would you like to open this program?
Thomas clicked yes, wanting to see what it contained, opening the file.
The file opened, revealing static with what he could barely make out as “Nothing is real.”, the static then turning to footage of a white test chamber, a large window in the corner. He was in the middle of the room. On a bed, connected to something.
Thomas got up, the hairs on his skin now raised.
He turned, only to see the creature was in. Right in front of him.
The mutilated creature was bloodied and on its hind legs. He stared at it before the creature swung it’s tail right into him, knocking him almost unconscious. He watched helplessly as the creature then approached. It absorbed Thomas into its mass. The pain he felt rattled through his entire body, though he couldn’t manage to get anything out.
He quickly fell unconscious leaving the monster free, free to consume him.
He woke, his eyes barely opening to see he was in the test chamber from earlier, doctors and research personnel now rushing out from the observations room toward hi-
“No, that wouldn’t work. How many times have I told you?” The publisher uttered.
“How about you read it?” The Author angrily replied.
“Jim. Get out of my office.” The publisher responded with, sternly.
“But the horror genre is going great right now! Look at this, #1 Bestseller – The Spiders, come on Thomas, give me a chance!” Jim (The author) muttered, showing Thomas ‘The Spiders’.
Thomas stood up, then firmly saying
“No.” before leaving into the hall. The lights flickered. And he realised what just happened…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!