The Dream

Excellence Award in the 'Just Keep Writing 2019' competition

I found myself running through the jungle. It was dark and creepy, and my heart was beating fast. I could feel eyes watching me from above the tall, old trees. I was too terrified to stop.

Suddenly, CRASH! SPLAT! I tripped over a fallen log and face planted into the hard and dusty ground. Tears started rolling down my face. Everything hurt. I stood up and dusted myself. I just wanted to go home.

Just then, the bush next to me started shaking and making strange noises. I wanted to scream, but no noise would come out. I wanted to run, but my feet wouldn’t move. So I just stood there frozen, staring at the large, hairy gorilla.

Out of nowhere, a boy came swinging from the trees and snatched me away from the gorilla. When it was safe, he stopped and put me down. ‘Bonjourno,’ he said. He was Italian. “Where am I?” I asked.

I opened my eyes and it was all a DREAM!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!