Mission Impossible Prologue

Johnny had actually been kidnapped. He was tied up to a pole in a large basement of guns, swords, getaway cars and nappies. He wondered when his family will pay the ransom money of $200,000. Or will they even pay? They were poor but Johnny decided to let creepy thoughts go. His family would do it of course. The criminal who caught him (Johnny heard him talking on the phone) called himself Swift. Sure he was swift at running but Johnny knew it wasn't his real name. The last time Johnny had seen his family was when he was at Grandpa Kosta's house when his dad got shot by an evil man. Suddenly Johnny remembered the pocket knife his Grandpa gave him. He cut himself free of the rope he was tied up to. Then he ran over to the entrance, he was about to go free! He couldn't wait to run home to call the cops on swift and the location of his house and......... The door was locked. Johnny cried. Soon Johnny thought about looking through Swift’s personal information. He picked up a folder that simply said ‘Forsekaland’ and flipped through it, he could faintly read through it, ‘Destroy Forsekaland, take over, control climate, go around destroying planets and take over, gang help, make Swiftington industries, destroy Parkarlie rooms.’ Parkarlie. Johnny’s last name. Johnny realized that whatever Swift was doing, it had some kind of relationship to his family. Johnny wanted to find out. Suddenly Johnny heard a lock being turned. He quickly rushed to the pole he was tied up to and desperately tried to tie himself up again. Swift was at the door, he was sure. He finally tied himself up just as the basement door flung open and two buffs came over and untied him, yet again, and suddenly Johnny found himself face to face with Swift.

“Your parents have paid the ransom” he continued “I will free you but you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone anything about me or this place or I will kill you, understand?”
Johnny nodded. Then he was shoved outside with a whole bunch of questions, ‘What is Swift trying to do?’ ‘Where is Forsekaland?’ ‘Why is Swift trying to destroy Parkarlie rooms?’
But alas, he was outside in the shining sun and he dashed home but then stopped, he found a newspaper lying on the ground. It said "Jack Swiftington murders another".
Johnny realized Jack Swiftington had to be swift. It just had to. Swift could murder people and even threatened Johnny if he told someone about him. Then Johnny thought “should I tell anyone?”
He remembered his mum’s words, “If a bad guy ever tells you not to tell anyone, tell me.”
He decided he would tell his mum.
Two weeks later
Johnny was watching TV about the arrest of Jack Swiftington. He had told his mum everything he did and his mum called the police who located Swift. Now he was safe. Well at least for twenty years.
Twenty years later
Johnny was at his mum’s funeral. He had tears in his eyes and was very sad. He was walking back to his house when he saw another newspaper lying on the ground. He remembered the last time he found a newspaper when he was 13 years old. He picked up the newspaper and read it, ‘Jack Swiftington escapes from jail.’
“Uh oh” Johnny thought as he left the newspaper on the ground and ran home. At his doorstep he found a note he read it, ‘I’m coming for you! Signed Swift……'
Watch out for the next part of Mission impossible!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!