Saving The Murray Darling Basin

Yay! I am so excited! We finally get to go fishing! Now someone will have to make sure Isla doesn’t run into the water! “Isla, no, come back!”
Suddenly I saw the Murray Darling Basin’s water was gone! I only saw two Murray Cods and 100 Carps. I cried because there was no water for the fish.

Dad said, “Don’t cry! We’ll let the dam water out into the river and then we can go fishing.” We went home and got cake. Then we let the water out of the dam. I caught a giant Murray Cod and a Goldfish! Dad caught a Carp!

Then we went camping and the water evaporated! I felt surprised and annoyed! I tried to dig a hole so the water could come from the ground. But the salt water mixed with the fresh water! I put the soil back. Then it rained! The water was back! I felt really happy because the fish didn’t die.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!