The Box. But What Box?

Just sitting there all alone was a box. That box had something in it that was not to be seen. A brother and sister named Xavier and Charlotte were sweet little children tried to open the box so many times. That box was only there for their parents. Xavier and Charlotte had no parents so they are about to become orphans.
The best thing about being raised without a parent is you can pig out while watching tv, which is what Charlotte and Xavier loved doing. “Why can’t we examine the box Xavier?” moaned Charlotte. “You know what, let's do it,” Xavier said with excitement.
So they went off to find a magnifying glass. “Can’t we just examine the super secret box without it?” moaned Charlotte again. “First of all, yes we can examine the box without a magnifying glass and secondly why didn’t we think of that in the first place?” Xavier said looking surprised. They went off to the box and examined it. All they found different was that there was a weird shaped padlocks. “I give up,” Charlotte was saying over and over again frustrated. “Just stop,” Xavier said loudly and fierce.
It came to the day of going to the orphanage, Xavier and Charlotte got dragged out of the house. The box was left at the house. Xavier and Charlotte were scared to death which was unusual. They tried to go to sleep but it just wouldn’t happen for them. Charlotte wanted some sort of marvellous miracle to get them out. So, Xavier and Charlotte made a plan. When it hit twelve o’clock on the dot, Xavier and Charlotte would sneak out of the horrendous orphanage.
They left the building sneakily and quietly. Xavier and Charlotte were running to their house. No one was home, it was dark and scary. They went to the lounge to find the box. “Hey where did the box go?” asked Charlotte. “I don’t know?” answered Xavier, “I think the men took it when they got everything out of the house to the tip.” “So I came all this way for nothing,” said Charlotte “Let’s go to the tip!”
At last they got to the tip. There it was, the box was sitting on a top of a large pile of junk. “Do you have a bobby pin?” asked Xavier as usual. “Yes,” answered Charlotte. “Past it over here,” Xavier said. “What’s inside?” Charlotte was saying curiously. “A note that says, ‘Don’t go to school’,” Xavier said. They went back to their home.
Finally they got to their home and fell asleep on the floor. Charlotte was sleep talking. She was saying, “I don't want to go to school,” over and over again. It came morning and Charlotte felt someone shaking her constantly. It was Charlotte's mum. “Guess what? I had the best dream ever,” Charlotte said in a joyful voice. “Great, now let’s get ready for school,” Charlotte’s mum said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!