The Magic Powers

BANG! FLASH! The thunder roars again and again outside the little house.
Inside that little house is my family of four - there is my sister, named Baily and I’m Sophie. We live with our Mum and Dad.

At 7:00 pm my sister and I went out without our parents knowing.
Baily was scared, she said, “I don’t think we should be out this far from home”.
I replied with “bla, bla, bla”…
“That’s all you ever say, you never take me seriously!!” Baily shouted, shortly after she left to find her way back home, so I went off on an adventure all by myself.

That’s when I saw a strange man, hunched over, scary looking. He was wearing an old fashioned big, black, ripped coat.
His voice was mean, and loud - “YOU SHALL NOT PASS THROUGH THIS PORTAL!!”
I didn’t understand – Portal? What portal? I could only see two trees bending over and touching each other. I slowly walked through the trees, but he was right, it was a portal! It was a portal into a strange world. A world with no ground, I thought I was falling, but then realised I was flying!

I couldn’t believe my eyes – there were people floating, and flying past me.
Then I heard a voice call out “THE QUEEN IS BACK!”
I was shocked. The queen was now behind me. She started pulling at my arm. Trying to drag me away. Yelling at me, saying I was an impostor!
“You have it wrong, I’m not supposed to be here. My name is Sophie, I come from home.”
“THIS IS YOUR HOME NOW - THE SPIRIT WORLD IS NOW YOUR HOME.”
There was chaos. Everyone started yelling, “cover your ears now.” So I did, then they started chanting, “Why would you lie, why would you lie?” Over and over, then….
BANG!!!!!

Oh it was just a dream. I was in bed. My bed. Thunder was still rumbling, lightening was still flashing. It was raining heavily and mum was yelling at me to get up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!