The Great Escape

“Let’s get them!” Edward yelled. Edward and Luke searched for Captain Diamond after his minions had released him from his cell on the ship. Edward yelled to the captain and told him to raise the anchor. The anchor raised just in time and the ship set sail. Some crewmen captured one of the minions that tried to jump overboard onto the Diamond Lands only dock. Edward told the crew to stay on high alert because there are four dangerous criminals on board.
The next day Edward caught another minion, “three to go plus Captain diamond,” Luke announced to the crew.
The crew wondered how Captain Diamond’s minions found out where they were holding him. That night Luke and Edward went searching for the three minions and Captain Diamond, they found their hideout but they had moved on.
“Where can they be?” Edward asked himself.
“I have a plan” Luke said. “My plan is to let the two minions go and we can follow them to Captain Diamond.”
“Let’s do it,” Edward said excitedly.
That night Edward and Luke let the two minions go. As they wondered off into the darkness Edward, Luke and the crew followed behind quietly watching them. “There he is” Luke whispered to Edward. Luke, Edward and the crew surrounded them, hiding behind some by barrels of rum. The crew jumped out of their hiding spot and surrounded Captain Diamond and his minions.
“We have you now Captain Diamond” Luke said.
As they came closer Edward saw two people running off toward a dingy, so Edward ran after them. When Luke got closer he noticed that they were tricked! Edward ran to where the dingy was but could see no one so he went to join Luke and the crew. Unaware to Edward, Captain Diamond was in the dingy and so was his minions, they were hiding under the chairs and some blankets. As soon as they knew that Edward was far enough away, they had put the dingy in the water and started rowing away. Edward saw them then and said to fire the canons on the starboard side but the crew didn’t know what starboard means. So Edward said the right side and they fired but missed! They tried again but they were too late they had sailed too far away.
To Luke’s and Edward’s disappointment Captain Diamond and his minions had got away.
The End!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!