Untitled

At the crack of dawn calmly I waited and waited for a long time. Finally I arrived and I got to the rainforest. First I trotted through the luscious green trees surrounding me for the first time. Then quickly I skedaddled down a creepy track. The leaves crackled under my shoes. Surprisingly I could feel the freezing freeze above my head. Out of nowhere leading the way Miss Kunde stopped in the middle of a plant. “It looks like a green umbrella,” quietly I suggested.
Crack! Then her foot got stuck on a vine. “HELP,” she cried loudly as I slowly clutched my fingers to undo the vine seeing birds loudly chirping above my head. “Quick, they’re making a circle,” I loudly bellowed. “I think they’re hawks,” I declared. I gazed quickly to get out of the circle of the hawks. My fingers clutched into a fist as I scrambled. My face turned upside down. My eyes filled with glowing tears but that wasn’t going to stop me from giving up. Finally I gasped and got away safe and sound.
Then I crossed a huge waterfall. As I slowly walked I stepped on the stepping stones. I quickly dashed up the cement stairs. I finally reached the top. I felt ecstatic. My hands were shaking for joy. I was crying for joy too.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!