Fire In My Eyes

Cold. Breezy. The type of breezy that gives you goosebumps.

Walking through the forest, dark as dark can be. I'm getting cold, colder than I had ever been before. My hands, they were like ice. My face pale. My lips blue. I hear something snap from behind me, scared I began running. Running for about 10 mins I come to a sudden stop, there's 3 different paths. I dont know which one to choose..I think about it for a second and I choose to go straight. I start running again. I hear footsteps behind me, I begin to sprint. Running faster than ever before. Then all of a sudden, there's a ton of lights, bright, shining, blinding lights. Then I realise, it's a building. I run inside thinking, it'll be safe, I can stop running and hide from whatever or whoever is chasing after me. But as i duck down, the door opens again. They almost saw me. They come my way. Getting closer.
*BANG**
What was that I think to myself. I'm shaking, anxiety levels getting higher. I begin to panic, sobbing. I pull out my phone, turn down my brightness and pull up messages. I begin to type,
"Hey, I just want to say..I lo" but before I could finish my sentence, I felt something on my arm. It was wet, cold, it slid down my arm. I couldn't tell where it came from. I look at my arm, it was red, scarlet red..I tried to keep calm but it started dripping faster dripping from the roof. I look up and then...
**SCREAMS**
I freak out, screaming, worried for my life, my safety. But then..A bright yellow, orange light shines, I look back up..the person, the person was on fire, I begin to scream again, screaming louder and louder, I got up and ran but before I could escape..I hear the footsteps again. They grabbed me.
"I got you now!"


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!