The Big Hole

It was just a normal Friday and I was walking home from school. I walked through the park and I saw some flickering lights. I ran over to lights and as I got closer it was getting brighter and all of a sudden, a big hole emerged and it was growing bigger by the second. I started to get scared and I ran home as fast as my little legs could run.
Mum and dad were inside talking when I came running in, I was so puffed that it took me a while to spit out my words and finally catch my breath so I could tell them what happened. “Mum! Dad!” I was still trying hard to talk. “There some strange lights at the park and a really big hole opening up trying to swallow me!” I panted. They looked at me strange, they looked at each other strange and I could tell they didn’t believe me.
They followed me back out but when we got to the park it was gone. “What happened? Where did it go?” I was puzzled. Mum and Dad turned around and started to walk home. I was worried thinking that it didn’t happen and began to follow them home, but I turned around for one last check and the hole was all of a sudden there again. “Mum! Dad!” I yelled with excitement. Mum and Dad turned around, but it was gone. “What a waste of time,” mum said to dad. Why am I the only one that can see it? I was concerned, but I’ll make a plan.
I was thinking I will wait here until they’re gone and I’ll jump in the hole to explore. And that’s what I did. I got a big run up and jumped. I was scared but it was amazing! As I was falling down, it was like my life flashed before my eyes. Different pictures of my childhood from my recent birthday parties, the first hold of my siblings and photos of my pop and I before he passed away. After a long time, I finally hit the ground. I wasn’t hurt, but all around me were my favourite things from my life in the real world. “WOW!” I exclaimed. It was mesmerising.
I spent what felt like hours down there when my Fitbit buzzed my wrist to say I had done 20,000 steps and I was amazed when the Fitbit goal award went up on the wall. The time was 9:36PM, well past my bed time. “OH NO, how do I get home?” I asked.
All of a sudden, I hit the ground. It did hurt this time, but I was back in my house, and I looked like I had rolled off the lounge. “Wakey wakey,” Dad said. “Did you have a good nap?” “You were snoring really loud.” Unfortunately, that’s when I realised it was all a dream.
Or was it?...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!