The Magic Egg

The Magic Egg!

CRACK! I wake up to see what made this strange noise. I look out to see if it was nearby. Just as I looked out the window, I realised what this was; it was wet and grassy, just as if it was an egg that had been underground. The egg was bright? I walk outside to take a closer look.
That’s when I realise that the egg isn`t closed, its open! That’s why the egg is so bright, it must have had some source of light In it. I knew this was a bad idea, but I really wanted to see what was in this mysterious egg. I ran through the scary forest to see what this mystic creature was. I ran for about three minutes…

All of a sudden, I tripped over! Then I discovered what I tripped over. It was a little leaf that smelled like the fresh scent of rain. It also had tiny eyes that were shaped like freshly baked muffins. I nearly faint, but I somehow don`t. It quickly dashes away, but thanks to my fast reflexes, I hop up on to my feet and sprint after it. But wait a second! Why is the forest growing so many leaves? Could it be the leafy guy doing this? Anyway, I shouldn’t be worrying about this, I should be worrying about where the leaf guy is and how much stamina I have left.
I eventually catch up to it and grab his arm. The leaf guy turns around to me and faces back at the trees. I don’t know what to do now. I decide to take him back to my house. The next day, my dog is gone. Oh no, this is bad. I think the leaf guy is doing this. Hang on, where is the leaf? I need to get rid of this creature fast!

I go back into the forest. There it is; I see the leaf. It’s in a little water nest. I quietly creep up to it. I walk and grab it. I literally grab the leaf as fast as a cheetah. I turn around, there’s more. I quickly sprint out of the forest. How is anyone going to get rid of what was one leaf, but is now a group? I guess they might just dry out in the forest there. To be honest, that forest is mostly dead trees and some rock caves. I decide to stay at my house and never really think about these leaf things ever again.

The next day, I go back into the forest. There’s no signs of the leaf gang. It looks like I’m good to go. Yesterday was maybe just a weird day. I go back to my house feeling as safe as an animal that has just been in its burrow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!