The Windy Day

“Class dismissed” Ms Laventine said. I wasn’t really paying attention so Marcus had to nudge me. “Class dismissed” he said. “Oh” I replied blankly. I reached for my bag and walked outside. I watched as students spewed out of the classrooms. That’s when it dawned on me, it was raining and guess who had to walk home. Grumpily, I pulled out my spotted umbrella and yellow raincoat. As I walked out of the gates a huge gust of wind blew me away, literally! I held onto the umbrella for dear life. I could only watch as I flew away from solid ground, getting higher and higher. I went through some puffy white clouds, some big, some small. The thought of me being that high was freaking me out. Then the rain had started to cease this wasn’t so bad…..

The timing couldn’t have been worse because then, the wind had stopped and I flew down, down, down. I was going so fast I couldn’t even blink, and when I finally could see. I saw that I was about to land in somebody’s pool! I stifled a silent scream. By a miracle a small gust of wind had just come by. So gently, I dropped right next to the pool on the prickly green grass. I sighed that was close! But I was still stuck inside the persons house. Maybe if I climbed the fence I could get out! I was just about to start climbing but then I heard a low growl behind me. It took me a few seconds to realize a giant, aggressive Rottweiler was next to me. I slowly backed up until my back hit the dark, oak fence. Suddenly I had an idea. I started opening and closing my umbrella in front of me. The dog receded back in fear. As I opened my umbrella once more a huge gust of wind blew me away again.

This time I was prepared for adventure but instead it blew me down to my front lawn. I put the umbrella to dry in the now shining sun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!