Love At First Sight

MaryAnn was only young. In fact, too young for her husband to leave Earth. Ever since the love of her life passed away from leukaemia, it had never been the same. She lived alone, no one was there to be by her side. Until this happened:
‘Ding dong!’ Went MaryAnn’s doorbell on a calm Saturday afternoon. She was as noble as a deer, just sitting on the couch reading a book. MaryAnn stood up and walked towards the door. She was a little bit angry that someone interrupted a dramatic part of the novel, but excited someone came to visit her.
MaryAnn opened the door slowly, but saw nothing when she looked straight forward. Instead, she peered down to see a little basket with a baby inside it. MaryAnn gasped in shock and covered her mouth with her hand. She shakily picked up the basket and brought it inside.
MaryAnn didn’t know what to do. Was this for her? It must’ve been, because on top of the baby’s blanket was a card reading: MaryAnn. The child was sleeping silently, just like a church mouse, but she was too scared to open the card, so she took the baby out of the basket and picked it up. As soon as MaryAnn heard the little baby’s heart beating, she felt love once again. It was like a dream. MaryAnn couldn’t believe what was happening! The baby was a tiny heater. It was a cold winter’s day, yet she was so warm. The cute couple lay on the couch together. It was love at first sight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!