The Horrible Door

The door was closed again, this was the 33rd year.
There was an old man who had lived in this big old house that had a door that was always closed. The old man had to pass it wherever he went in the house.
He had never seen behind this door but he always knew that there was something there. He had lived in the house for 33 years.
One night, he was sleeping and he herd a big BANG that woke him up. He got out of bed and he walked up the hall way and saw that the door was open and there was light coming from inside. The banging continued, so he went inside and there was junk everywhere. He took about 10 steps and the light was going off and on. He felt something going around his feet he looked down and screamed!
Something very odd was grabbing and pulling on his ankles. He was strangely not too scared because the thing said, “You’re fine… I’m not going to hurt you.” The old man could not see the thing.
The old man was very kind so when he went somewhere, he would take the thing with him. He still did not know what it was but he was friends with it. Other people in the town started to avoid the old man because they knew that there was a ghost in the house with him.
About 10 years passed and the old man still did not know what the thing was. Finally one day, the old man decided to ask the thing what its name was.
The thing whispered, “my name is Jack and I live in the basement in your house and i’m a ghost.”
“A ghost,” said the old man, “but, I don’t like ghosts.”
“You don’t like ghosts…. How could you say that,” cried the ghost. And what are you?” Asked the ghost.
“ I’m a human.”
“What is that?”
“A man. How old are you?” Asked the old man.
“I’m 120 years old, but age does not matter that much does it?” Chuckled the ghost.
“No,” replied the old man as he laughed.
“Come, let’s go down to my basement, “ invited the ghost.
“Ok,” said the old man. So the ghost took him down there. They went down and the ghost showed where he slept.
“What do you eat?” Asked the old man.
“Well,” said the ghost, “ when you are asleep I sneak upstairs and through the door and out to the kitchen and get some food.”
“So that’s why i was always running out of food!” Laughed the old man.
The ghost said, “there is something that I haven’t told you… I have a family that lived here too.”
“Oh gosh…. Where are they?” Asked the old man.
“Oh they had to leave because of the thunderstorm, they didn’t like the water leaking into the basement” chuckled the ghost.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!