The Queen Of Rose And Fire

Hundreds of years ago, in the land of fire and roses there was a kingdom, the kingdom was covered in enchanting red roses. Queen Lily and her sister Daisy lived happily among their people. One year later Daisy had a baby girl, she named her Rosie. Two years later, Daisy died of a terrible fever, Queen Lily was devastated, from that day on, she only wore black and she didn’t talk to anyone.
Soon she abandoned her kingdom to go search for the legendary Fire Sword. The legend states that the Fire Sword catches fire when the symbol of fire is pressed, the person that is holding the sword also becomes immortal. The Queen searched North, East and South, she finally found the Fire Sword far West in the Cave of Nightmares, inside the cave there was a warning engraved in the walls. Queen Lily read it aloud, “There may be pain for you if you choose to use this magical sword.” Queen Lily felt confused by this, she decided to take the sword anyway and left for her kingdom. On the way back, Queen Lily burned any rose she saw because they reminded her of her beloved sister.
After a long time travelling, she had finally returned to her kingdom. Everyone was ecstatic at her return, though Queen Lily was still sad for the loss of her sister, she locked herself in her room until everybody had settled down.
One month had passed before the Queen came out to speak to her niece Rosie, who was excited to see her aunt Queen Lily. When Rosie hugged her the Queen saw a flash of Daisy in Rosie’s eyes. So she locked Rosie up in her room and once again burned all the roses.
After that day, the Queen was feared by everyone except her brother Stefan who missed everything because he was on the other side of the forest in the land of ice and tulips. He had returned on the news of his dead sister Daisy. The people thought that he might reason with the Queen but they were wrong. He left for the land of ice and tulips after a terrible meeting with his sister.
A week later, the Queen fell sick and she let Rosie out of her room and she told her that she's ready to inherit the Fire Sword. So, Rosie took the sword and stored it in a display cabinet. She didn’t touch it until the Queen died and she became the Queen. Rosie replanted all the roses and brought back colour to the kingdom.
Then one night there was a terrible fire and the sword was gone, only a few survived. The new Queen made the order that everyone needs to leave the kingdom she felt that they were not safe there anymore so they left the kingdom and headed south for the land of ice and tulips. They rebuilt their kingdom there. They never found out who stole the Fire Sword and started the fire, but Queen Rosie knew that he would return.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!