Destiny

Heartbeats clung to their lungs as they looked each other dead in the eye. Their eyes slowly opened wider as they watched each other. He noticed her gentle breathing, her tumbling hair, her slight eye twitches. She noticed his dampened lips, the sweat gleaming on his neck, the way his hair stuck uncomfortably close to his eyes. Suddenly awareness built up inside her, and she realised how bright his torch was. Hers was almost out, so it was alarming how different the beams were. His breathing was far more rushed than hers, and considering his rather wet appearance, she assumed he’d definitely been exerting himself in some way - perhaps running? But... the longer she gazed at him... the more she realised how perfect his face was. And how smitten she’d become, in a matter of seconds. “Who are you...?” He barely uttered the words. They swirled from his lips towards her like mist. She’d forgotten her name... but she hadn’t forgotten her voice.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!