The Distant Relative

One morning I woke to my mum calling to say a distant relative is coming to visit and I needed to pick her up from the airport that day! So I quickly got ready and cleaned up ready for Kayse, my cousin, to stay.
When I got there, I was waiting forever until she finally arrived. We had fun singing to all sorts of pop music on the way home. When I saw Kayse at the airport, she looked just like me with brown hair and big brown eyes and an average height.
As we arrived home I realised she had A LOT of Jewellery. That night we went to my mum’s house (Kayse’s aunt’s) for tea. After tea we went home and went to sleep. The next two weeks that Kayse was here for were CRAZY!
2 days before Kayse left we went to the theme parks.The day that Kayse left I found her in my room but I didn’t think anything of it. So we went to the airport. I said good bye and she left.
2 days later, I found a blue diamond ring in my draw. I called my mum in a panic and told her what I found. Mum came over and looked. We were trying to think of who might have left it and why. Was it an accident? So many thoughts were going through our minds. Later that night I suddenly remembered seeing Kayse in my room so I called mum and told her. Mum came over right away and then remembered Kayse wearing the exact same ring.
We called Kayse and then Kayse said it was a best friend ring. I realised everything was OK!! Kayse has left it for me on purpose. We both wear the rings all the time (Kayse has one too) and Kayse comes to visit me much more often.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!