The Missing Wolf Crystal

Sandy’s golden hair flew back like a bird. Her blue/green eyes shined. The zoo sparkled in perfection. Sandy’s secret dangled from her neck. Sandy’s secret was a beautiful rainbow crystal. Which allowed her to talk to animals. Every type of animal had a crystal. They called her rainbow crystal the Animal Crystal and they called Sandy the Animal Guardian or Guardian of Animals.

One day a small blue bird soard above Sandy like a war plane landing neatly and folding its blue wings on a big stone crocodile.
“Oh Animal Guardian!” it screeched with its battered beak.
“The king would like to see you,” it screeched again. Sandy listened to what the blue bird and its horrid screech had to say. She nodded and went to the food room.

“Where are you going with that lion food Sandy?” asked Anna, who is a zookeeper who normally organises the food.
“Going to feed the lions,” she exclaimed. At the zoo they had all types of wildlife but Sandy’s favourite would definitely be the black panthers and jaguars. They only had one black panther.

Sandy had fed the lionesses and looked for the king who was a lion. She heard some snoring in a tree. She knew that was him so she walked up to the tree.
“You wanted me,” she called.
“Huh,” he said with a scare. He tumbled with a big “THUMP” for his grand royal landing.
“ Ah……. Animal Guardian,” he started in his deep royal voice. “The Wolf Crystal has gone missing and most likely stolen. And I want you and Diago that black panther of yours to find it,” he finished.
“He’s not exactly mine but yeah sure,” Sandy said with a slight laugh due to the lion’s funny presentation.
That night Sandy snuck out and into the zoo (which was her backyard). She got Diago from the jaguars pen and she slid across the hall.
“Its silent…… too silent,” Sandy whispered to Diago.
“What are you up to?” questioned a baby ape called Milo.
“A mission now back to bed,” Sandy finished before it went on and on and on and on.

Finally they reached the wolf pen to investigate. Sandy twisted and fiddled with the key when Diago saw a flash of purple and orange.
“Hey what was that?” Diago cracked the silence.
“What?” Sandy questioned back, stopping and looking at Diago.
“ I think I saw a tall man with a purple jacket with an orange L on it. It seemed familiar,” Diago answered.
“He’s the one who did the Lions Sickness!” Sandy exclaimed.
They tip toed behind a big stone giraffe. The Wolf crystal dangled like a rope from his pocket and he was admirering the crocodile crystal!
“ATTACK!” Sandy shouted. She ran up and snatched the crystals and Diago knocked the strange man out.
“I’ll go put him in the secret animal jail,” Diago said proudly. After that all the animals and crystals were safe at home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!