Eye Of The Sun

An ordinary day in the desert but legends and secrets will be reviled. Any way let’s start the story now.
I stagger through the boiling desert as I look for my sister with my snowcat, Moontalon padding after me. I collapse on the dry sand like paper “w-w-water,” I gasp for air after not having any water for 2 days. The red blazing sun burnt the last coolness from my body.
“Wish, look there’s an oasis,” pants Moontalon as I climb onto his back. He breaks into a limping run.
When we’re there I gulp down the water that slips down my throat like icy water.

“Wish,” calls Rose from the other side of the oasis
“Rose,” I squeak as she runs to me. “Thank god after the force field separated us I started to worry about you,” I gulp.
“E-excuse me a-a boy w-wants to t-talk with y-you,” advises an old armadillo who points to 2 palm trees and as if on cue the 2 trees swing backwards revealing a hut made of palm wood with a smallish lookout.
A boy limps out and the armadillo wobbles over to the boy. He notices my aqua hair and amber eyes, “what’s your name?” asks the boy looking at me.
“My name is Wish and this is Rose,” I introduce to the boy as he examines Rose’s ginger hair and pink eyes.
“Mine’s Clam,” he replies.
Wish means a special stone called the wish stone, Rose means a rare flower that changes colour and Clam means a seashell with pearls in it.
“Nice to meet you, if you would like to come in you’re more welcome then ever,” offers Clam. I scan his black hair and pearl eyes full of innocence.
“Fine,” I answer following close behind the armadillo’s named Despacito and Armo.
When we arrive in the underground bunker I ask, “why are we in here?”
“Because this is where you’re staying,” hisses Clam as we here loud metal footsteps from above.
“You failed to get those girls from Mooneye forest last month,” hiss the voices at each other.
“The humans that nearly destroyed our home last month,” I gasp at the recognition of these villains and I pull out the weird stone called the moon stone.
As we climb up the pitch black tunnel, “they want the moon stone,” I call down. In response Clam throws up the sun stone.
I end up attacking the humans forcing them away with the help of Moontalon and Snowheart.
“Thanks for the help” Clam thanks.
“Your welcome,” I reply.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!