The Island

Bang! the door slammed when Dummy came out. “Come on” said his brother Jim. “Come to this beautiful island. There are coconuts and vines, and everything you will need.” So they went off to the beautiful island.
The boys arrived by boat. The driver was a tall, young man. He told the boys “you’ve got 20 minutes then it’s time to go!”
The boys stayed on the island for half an hour. They were digging up shells, making sandcastles and finding crabs.
Dummy said to Jim “It’s time to go” Jim looked over to where the boat should be. “Where is the boat? We must have stayed longer than 20 minutes!”
Just then, Jim had an idea. “We could make a raft!” Jim tried to plan the raft in his head but couldn’t work it out. “How could we make it?” he asked Dummy. “I know… out of coconuts and vines” said Dummy. “That’s a great idea” said Jim
The two boys collected coconuts and vines and began to make the raft. As the sun went down the boys headed off in their brand new raft. They spotted dolphins jumping and playing in the water. They were nearly home but all of a sudden, sharks appeared. “What is that?” Jim said “I don’t know” Dummy replied.
Suddenly Dummy had a great idea. He pulled some meat jerky from his pocket and threw it in to the sharks. Then they could sail home. “Good idea!” Jim said.
But there was one more problem. The builders were building a fence around town. “How will we get home now?” Jim said. Dummy remembered he had a back pack full of every useful tools like an axe to cut the fence down. “That’s a great idea” said Jim. “You are full of great ideas today” said Jim. “Yes I am” said Dummy.
Jim started cutting the fence down and they finally got through. We’re here! Said Dummy. The boys were relieved to be home and decided there would be no more adventures, at least for a day or so.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!