Super Time For Lachlan

Once upon a time there lived a little stubby boy called Lachlan. Lachlan lived in a house shaped like a lightning bolt with his Dad (Captain Lightning) and his Mum (Daisy Lightning).
Lachlan was a great super boy but sadly he coudn't hear properly. He could only understand 12 words. Super, as, he, she, mermaid, boy, girl, and, a , in, out as well as Mum.
His mother said one day, "poor thing." Lachlan's dad sadly told Daisy, "He's got the chickenpox". They decided to take him to the doctor and keep him home from school. Lachlan's Mum was crying at the doctors and his parents were arguing. Lachlan wondered, 'what if my grades get lower,' as his parents fought.
The doctor said "it's time for Daisy Lightning's visit." While Lachlan's mother was bursting her way through the door Lachlan cried, Mum, I'm faking the chikenpox. I just painted it on this morning." Daisy ran out of the room to tell the doctor what she just heard. After Mum told the doctor everything Lachlan had to pack for Super School.
Today at school Lachlan's lessons were maths, writing, flying and art. These were the only lessons the teachers knew much about. Lachlan was the third smartest at the school (including the teachers). In two more weeks, Lachlan would get a whole year off school and then start high school. Lachlan was happy that tomorrow was the weekend.
When school was over that day something strange happened. He started hearing more words. The on saturday he could hear everything. On Sunday, the day his family always went swimming. His Mum and Dad told him it was time to go, they were so surprised that he heard them. Lachlan replied "Let's go as long as we fly."
And that's where our story comes to an end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!