The Sleep Over

One afternoon Alexis was sitting on her bed with nothing to do. She decided to texted her friends. Come now! It’s an emergency! Don’t knock on the door just run in.
5 seconds later, Alexis heard a knock at the door and opened it. “What are you wearing?” asked all of the girls in disgust. Mackenzie, Bellah and Emily were Alexis’ best friends. “uhhhh clothes” says Alexis. The girls looked at each other in a creepy smile “oh no” said Alexis “oh yes! MAKEOVER TIME” screamed the girls.
Alexis’ mum, Mrs Woods rapidly ran in the room “anything wrong?” She says worriedly. “Sorry Mrs Woods, nothing wrong but can we sleepover tonight?” the girls pleaded. “But girls… it’s a school night” Eventually Mrs Woods gave in and let them stay.
As the girls were getting everything ready Alexis crawled away snuck some cookies and donuts. She sat in front of the fridge eating all of the cookies and donuts. When the girls finished getting things ready they had noticed that Alexis had disappeared. It wasn’t like Alexis to just wander off like that. Next minute, Alexis walked in chewing something in her mouth. Crumbs, glaze, chocolate and jam filling were all around her mouth. “What? I went to the toilet” Alexis lied with her mouth still exploding with food.
Mackenzie believed it but Emily didn’t want a bar of it “you just went to the kitchen to get snacks for yourself you liar!” Emily said
“What’s that? The grounds shaking! Ahhh” Alexis screamed “sorry that’s me” said Emily. All of the girls stared “what, I’m hungry!” Emily said with a chuckle. “Let’s have dinner before the makeover” suggested Mackenzie. “Ok, sure” all of the girls replied. “Where’s your Mum?” Bellah asked “Is she missing?” Alexis said terrified her mum had never disappeared on her like this
“shhhhhhhhh quiet now. You don’t want anyone to hear you!” There was a man in a dark part of the car, in the rear of the mirror. Mrs Woods could see blue and red lights before the man had knocked her out. The car did a spin out and tipped to the side. The man got arrested and Mrs Woods got help from the ambulance officer.
Alexis saw her mum on the news and knew she was all right. But the truth was, that she wasn’t alright. Mrs Woods was in a coma.
Alexis got to the hospital as fast as she could. She had to run there. When she arrived, she was so puffed the nurse couldn’t understand her. The nurse told her she had to wait 30 minutes to see her mum.
The doctors came and saw Alexis and explained that Mrs Woods was in a coma. Alexis didn’t know what that meant so she ran in and thought her mum was sleeping. She talked for 1 hour and a half then realised her mum was not waking up.
She slowly walked home. When she got home, she turned on the television got a tub of ice-cream then she saw a familiar face on the news HER MUM! She was awake but confused she called her friends and told them the news. She was so happy! Bellah’s dads came and picked her up. When she arrived at the hospital, she was so relieved that she hugged her mum and this time, for sure, she was all right.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!