Trapped

One burning hot Friday me and my dad went in the truck to the winery. I felt hot because it just felt like 100°C. We had some bins to take there. When we got to the winery, we had to make some wine. I had to cover my ears because it was so loud. BANG! The crusher stopped working because there was a lot of sticks in the crusher for the vines have lots of sticks on them.
“Dad, should we get going so we get home early?”
We had already done six loads before the crusher broke down. We took a B double over to Dave’s place and it was really tough to back out. Once we get there, we took the wine bins off the truck and rushed back to Leeche’s and carried the bins onto the truck. Afterwards we hurried to the winery, and my dad ran to the toilet. He locked the door to the truck and forget about me. I grew very anxious. “Get me out of here!”
After he left the toilet, he talked to his friends and called Greg. “Can you come and pick me up from the winery, because the crusher broke down?”
“Dad must’ve forgot get me!” I cried. I bawled my eyes out into my hands. “He must think I’m at my friend’s house.”
For a week, I stayed in the truck while Dad was sleeping because he had a big week in front of him.
One week later, when he got to the truck, he saw me and said, “What are you doing here?”
“You left me here.”
“Why didn’t you yell out to me?”
“You locked the doors on me.”
“Why didn’t you break the windows?”
“Because I didn’t want to break Greg’s truck. Dad let’s get over it and get back to work and finish these loads and go home to bed.”
We went back to Leeche’s and Dave’s and finish putting the bins back on the tuck. Now that we have finished the job, we can go home and have a big sleep. Since that day he never forgot me again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!