All Because Of Me

All the what if’s roaming around my head, my eyes filling with tears as everything becomes a blur. My tears fogging up everything until I can’t see straight. Memories flood back, making everything worse. Think of the times we spent together, the ice cream dates, the long walks around the city. All of that just vanished in an instant. All because of me.
I lay on my bed; my head in my pillow and my soft blanket covering my body. The house was quiet with the faint sound of the news reporters on tv. “Bing, bing, bing...” the sound of texts lighting up my phone makes my head pound. I flip my phone over and turn it on silent. I let my body sink into my bed and take over me completely. I told myself to not reply to all the messages. I couldn’t help it. I grab my phone, flick it off silent and read through them all. My eyes locked on my screen, I read the messages as my eyes fill with gloom.
Weeks later, I can still feel it; the feeling of my heart sinking to my toes makes me feel nauseous.
“I tried so hard Abbey. So freaking hard. And now it’s all gone.” I say over the phone.
“Yeah and I understand how you feel. I’ve been there before, and all I wanna do is help you to get over him,” Abbey replies.
“Thanks,” I say glumly.
“Whatcha doin’ right now, JuIz?”
“Um lying in bed.”
“Yeah I’m coming over. I’ll be there in 5.”
“Beep, beep, beep,” the phone call ends as I realise that I need to pull myself together.
The doorbell rings just as I reach the bottom of the stairs. I open up the door and before I know it, I am wrapped tightly in a bear hug.
“Let’s get over him,” Abbey says while she lets go of me.
“Yeah,” I say, now more determined than ever.
Hours later, we get back to my house. We say goodbye as Abbey begins to walk home. I step inside with my head hanging low and my heart shattered to a thousand pieces. All because of him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!