She Was Gone

She was gone...
She was gone, out of site, none of us could see her it’s like she evaporated…

It was a peculiar day, and in some ways mad, in the middle of winter in England a heat wave! Sadly when the Penelope family was on holiday to see family so they only had jumpers and pants no short sleeve shirts no shorts, warm clothes are good for cold weather but, right now everyone is practically cooking. Anita, on the other hand, was prepared for this, she offered to let Nicoley were some of her clothes but he replied saying loudly to make sure she heard “I am not gonna wear bright pink!”

The moonlight glistened on a freezing day at 5:00 in the afternoon the heat wave was over and it got dark early again most of the family were getting tired and angry from no sleep but none of them were as bored or tired as Jannett “I want to go home!” Jannett screamed then started crying as there mum (Jessica) slept, not even hearing one little word, then, it happened, 10 mins later the crying stopped awaking Nicoley of surprise because his mum usually has to quieten her down but she was asleep and ignored Jannett’s crying still. Nicoley looked around but no Jannett could be found, alarmed he awoke his mother and sister they looked to but she was gone, out of site, none of us could see her it was like she evaporated...

“My baby, she’s so young, bring her back to me!” Jessy cried with sadness as she lay on the ground with Nicoley and Anita comforting her and trying to keep themselves from crying to make her feel better. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELP!” a voice screamed
“Mummy!” It screeched again this time sounding a lot like Jannett’s voice hearing this Nicoley jumped fiercely out of the cab without a word but being young he didn’t know his way around and just followed the voice. After about ten minutes Nicoley started walking a little bit scared but determined to find his sister. Because he slowed down he saw how much he hated winter in London, it had just rained so the ground was soaking wet and there were buses on the side of the road just sitting there not waiting for people and no drivers in them. There were trees on the the path nice trees in summer and spring but they had no green in winter in fact nothing was colorful all grey and many people. It smelt too not like in Australia many people were smoking outside shops so Nicoley had to block his nose.

He did it! There she was sitting on the street holding her hands up to her face “Nicoley!” Jannett said in a weak voice as he ran up to her and hugged her “we are going back” Nicoley replied preparing to pick her up. They walked back to the car and greeted by their mother, and hugs went around.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!