A Bright Light

As i ran,i looked back it was slytherin through the air like a fish in the sea, i could feel it’s cold hands hovering over mine,i knew it was the end.(4 hours earlier) there i was sitting in the kitchen when my sister walked in the door i saw my mum trail behind, my sister ran right up to me she was really happy she just got back from the eye doctor she didn’t need glasses anymore,she gave me a big hug and told me all about her day,it was really good to see her happy because she normally is sad because of her condicion (bipolar) i saw my mum in a hurry it looked like she was eager to cook dinner and get everything done, i don’t know why she was in such a rush since she only had too make three plates.our dad passed away 9 months ago mum never healed her broken heart.mum was talking to me about moving schools, in my head i felt i couldn’t jb (my sister) was there i was basically her only friend, i felt that jb was the only person that understands me even though she is only 7 with me being 16 it sounds dumb but we just connect.
I was upset i went for a walk, i was about 10 minutes in of walking and i was already worried for jb what is she misses me or is trying to find me, i thought i would go back but i was distracted by a Bright light and that was when it all started.
The light was at the end of the dead street it was blinding like the sun or a lunar eclipse, i go to approach the light, i’m about 20 meters away and i see this weak figure, i saw it lift it’s head it saw me,there eyes were as dark as the night, just like dads. It approached, getting closer and closer i ran i didn’t know what it was, as i ran i looked back it was slytherin through the air like a fish in the sea, i felt it’s cold dead hands hovering over mine, i knew it was the end. It dragged it’s boddy in front of mine as a cold breeze hit me, it stopped. I stopped, in that moment it was light as day, it was agitated, i could see right through it,it was like it wasn't Dead but not alive maybe trapped in between,i saw it’s soal. It couldn’t be ti was...My dad, i fell on the floor shocked,confused. I never really believed in magic…his hands had become worm,meaning full. It guided me home, and as i go to look back at it had disappeared ,i walk in not hungry, i lay in bed asking myself “how could i have gotten over my father” i now lay awake thinking about a light…a bright light.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!