I Love You

Rayn dashed around the corner, heart beating fast, not only from his exertions. His eyes searched the area, zoning in on a body hunched up against the wall.
“Jacky no!” His mind screamed, filling his head with it’s noise. He sprinted over to the girl and fell before her, cradling the bleeding head in his shaking arms. His tears fell freely, falling on her lifeless body. His sobs filled the air, pure anguish echoing from the buildings. His eyes fell to the gun, lying cold in her bloody hands. He picked up her hand, pressing it to his cheeks as he wiped his tears with his own hand and let his gaze wander back to the gun. His whole heart ached with despair, his body lost its strength and he collapsed on Jacky’s body. His tears began afresh and his sobs became louder as he felt his lovers still body. In the few weeks he had known her, his heart had joined itself to her’s, so as they beat as one. Now that her heart had stopped, and the life had left her, his heart struggled to find rhythm, and his mind to find reason to live. He pulled himself from her, and reached for the gun. If she couldn’t live, then neither would he. His heart was pained beyond healing, and the only escape he could see was to join her in her peace. He drew the gun from the concrete, loaded the barrel and held it to his temple.
“This is for you” he whispered in Jacky’s ear, “I’ve loved you in life, and I’ll love you in death.” The gun-shot echo rebounded from the walls as Rayn slumped over Jacky’s body. He had gone to be with the one he loved.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!