The Werewolf Of Calamvale

Finalist in the 'Inspired 2019' competition

Jake woke up with his mouth in terrible pain. He walked to the sink and spat out some blood.
His mother Angelee and sisters Charlotte and Summer were having another serious conversation. They always left him out. He didn’t care anyway.
He was in year 2 and didn’t want to be late for Mr Dickson’s class.
When he got to school, there were police everywhere. Another student from his class had gone missing. It was Jake’s friend Alex. They used to play fight at lunchtime but yesterday they got caught.
Jake started getting angry. Sometimes he couldn’t control it and his mouth started hurting. Because he was just a kid, no one told him anything. He spent the rest of the school day wondering where his friend Alex was.
“Jake Ashford to the principal’s office NOW!” said Mr Dickson.
Jake waited outside the office. The whole place smelled like a wet dog.
“Jake Ashford, come in here at ONCE!” yelled the principal. The smell was getting stronger.
“You were caught fighting in the playground. I didn’t want to speak to you yesterday but I’m going to speak to you now,” said the principal.
“Do you want to end up like Alex?” asked the principal. “He was fast but…” the principal stopped herself.
I’m in the principal’s office and I’m scared. Jake thought. “If I’m going to be suspended, can my mum pick me up?” He asked.
“NEVER!” laughed the principal. “It’s almost 3pm and Mr Dickson will be joining me with the rest of the teachers.”
The smell got even stronger. Jake felt surrounded but couldn’t see outside the door.
Something was telling him…
BANG! Jake could hear the sounds of doors getting smashed open. Why were they locked? He asked himself.
Jake looked behind at the office door. The principal had walked over and locked it. The awkward silence was interrupted by more loud noises. Furniture was breaking and….
What was that? Why could he hear barking?
Jake looked at the door again. There was danger in front of him and danger behind the door. He froze in fear.
The principal started HOWLING! It was finally 3pm and time to feed on the students of Calamvale.
The principal grinned at Jake. She smelled her pack, they smelt of wet dog like she did. They were werewolves! It was easy to hide as it was every single teacher of Calamvale!
She howled again but this time she was confused. She was the Alpha and they were meant to howl back.
The Alpha werewolf picked up Jake and threw him into the wall. “What kind of Beta werewolf pack is this, what Beta doesn’t howl back?” she asked loudly as she opened the door.
“DEAD ONES!” said Summer and Charlotte. They were both waiting behind the door. They grabbed the Alpha’s arms.
“DEFINITELY DEAD ONES!” said Jakes mother. Her big smile showed off her vampire teeth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!