Pablo The Un-popped Popcorn

Pablo the Un-popped Popcorn lives in a plastic bag in a supermarket.
One day he and all the other un-popped popcorn pieces feel the plastic bag getting lifted up and carried away. Later they feel themselves getting poured into a crater. Then some sort of sucking noise makes the un-popped popcorn pieces fly up into a hole on the edge of a crater. When Pablo gets near the hole he grabs hold of the side of it, but then someone slams into him and he falls through the hole.
Once again, Pablo feels himself getting poured into a crater. Suddenly, out of nowhere, an earthquake smashes into the crater. Then, as soon as it came, it vanished. Pablo counts the now popped popcorn pieces and realises that there are four pieces missing! When the next earthquake comes, Pablo grabs onto it. When he opens his eyes again he sees a HUGE world. The most astonishing thing is the giant in front of him. “Who are you?’’ Asks the giant.
“I’m Pablo. What is your name?’’
“I’m Gina. I like eating popcorn.”
“POPCORN!’' cries Pablo. ‘’But I’m popcorn!’’
“I know,’’ says Gina calmly. “AND I’M GOING TO EAT YOU!’’
“AHHH” screams Pablo, running away as quickly as he can. “Popcorn, run for your lives, the giant’s trying to eat us!’’
Back inside the crater, the popcorn pieces hear Pablo and quickly help each other escape from the bowl.
Gina sees the popcorn pieces escaping and is angry. “Get back here you annoying little popcorn pieces,” Gina screams. The popcorns follow Pablo, but soon they start to tire from all the running, and Gina is catching up to them.
Then, suddenly, Pablo has an idea. “Everybody, you need to split up”.
The popcorn pieces do what Pablo says.
Gina sees the Popcorns split up, and goes after Pablo first for she knows that he is the smartest of all the Popcorn. Pablo runs as fast as he can to where he knows Gina can’t get him. Pablo runs with all the strength that he has left in him. He runs into the lounge room and slides under the couch.
“Come back here,” shouts Gina. Pablo thinks that he is safe, but then he sees movement in the shadows.
Uh oh, thinks Pablo. It’s a rat.
Pablo is in a heap of danger. If he stays where he is the rat will get him. If he goes out from under the couch, Gina will get him!
Pablo quickly makes up his mind. He gathers all his strength and runs out.
When Gina sees Pablo she starts running at him, but then she sees something under the couch. “EEK!” screams Gina. “A rat!”
While Gina is distracted, Pablo calls “Popcorns, follow me.” They all run across the lounge to the bookshelf.
One by one, they help each other up the bookshelf. At last they come to the roof, and climb inside.

And who knows, maybe they’re living inside your roof?


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!