The Mystery Ship

Excellence Award in the 'Inspired 2019' competition

“Abandon ship!” Shouts the Captain.
“Our food! The ship!” She cried in a shaky voice.
The crashing waves rake the side of the ship. The lightning made people fall overboard. Bang! I pass out.
I wake in a weird room, covered in bandages. I felt frozen. I had a sudden flash of memories. I see my friends swimming in the warm clear water at our favourite swimming hole. Flash, the memory changed, it was the moment when we found our pirate ship. Flash, it was gone!
I run out the door aboard a different ship. No one’s around, it was very quiet. Looking around, I see a huge island. It has lots of palm trees with bunches of coconuts dancing in the breeze.
“I guess I could swim to the beach” I say. I dive in the water with a big splash, zooming across the waves to the sandy beach, finally making it to the dancing coconuts. I shuffle up the palm tree to the tip looking out over the island. Suddenly, I spot a clear, shiny pool of water. Excitedly, I slide back down and head towards the pool.
I rush over the soft, smooth sand towards the clear, shiny water. I touch the water carefully with my finger. Glitter sparkled and my cuts vanished. Quickly realising this will be good for my journey, I dove headfirst into the water. It’s warm and glittered as my skin touched its surface. I felt much better. I rip off the bandages and throw them on the ground.
Crack, went the bushes behind me. I jump to my feet. Crouching low, I took small quiet steps towards the bush. My heart’s beating faster and faster as I creep closer. I reach my hand slowly across to the bush. They shake with fear. My palms sweating as I reach closer. I grabbed a twig and quickly pulled it back.
“Ahh” I scream as a fluffy, white bunny with beady red eyes jumps out.
Looking around, I realise that the place looks familiar. Flash, my mind drifted into another flashback. I see myself looking around at the same clear, sparkly water, calling out to my friends to come and look. They dive into the warm water and I watched as it sparkled against their skin. My flashback fades and I‘m once again standing near the water’s edge. Suddenly realising where I was, I bolt to our favourite swimming hole.
My heart beats fast. My body sweats as I ran. Sticks scrape my legs as I flashed through the forest. Excitement fills my body, I know where I am. I hear the waterfall splashing. I knew I was getting closer as I ran. Finally, I burst through the trees, seeing the splashing water of the waterfall. It’s our swimming hole! I see our pirate ship and my friends there, waiting for me. I climbed aboard relieved to see everyone safe.
“Guy’s you will never guess what just happened!” I panted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!