Map Of The World

Her sun kissed skin now has wrinkles. As many as lines on a map.
Her eyes are an ocean of blue of memories, joy and wisdom.
Hands petite and thin yet they can move the Earth if they wanted, with hair whiter than the polar icecaps.
Feet that have travelled lands far away, are put up and now at rest.
A mind full of stories so great, that there is no need to wait for a rainy day.
A mouth that is quick to dissuade, but even quicker to smile.
Ears that hear more than more than words with a soul as tame as the ocean.
A pure heart has now beat its last, and sadly the map of the world is rolled up.
Only to be seen in the memories and minds of the fresh new travellers who had the rare chance to read and understand it.
As we speak they are making one. A new map. A different one. Their own map of the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!