Rabbits

Rabbits are small, furry animals sometimes kept as pets, and can also be feral. People keep rabbits as pets to hug, and because they are an ideal pet for children. Rabbits have many personalities, and if you have a pet rabbit, you will need to learn your rabbit’s personality.
Rabbits have 2 types of teeth: molars, which are located in the back of the mouth, and the incisors, that are the front teeth that are long and pointy. If you open a rabbit’s mouth (maybe don’t try, they quite possibly will bite you), their incisors will make them look like a vampire! The rabbit’s sharp incisors bite and cut, then the molars chew and then the rabbit swallows their food. Never put your finger in a rabbit’s mouth, their incisors will bite you and cut your finger instead!
Rabbits are herbivores: they only eat plants. NOT people’s fingers. Rabbits sometimes drink water; but not very much. The plants they eat are really moist and juicy, so they very rarely need to drink, unlike humans. They are like super stars! Rabbits like to eat grass, lettuce, clover, weeds and leafy bushes, so basically everything that is plantation. Yuck! They don’t eat any meat at all, not even insects! (Or our fingers!)
Domestic rabbits are tamed rabbits that are raised by humans. Domestic rabbits are kept as pets and can come in all colours and breeds. More than half of the rabbit’s population are domestic. A baby rabbit (also known as the really cute and fluffy ones) is called a kit. Domestic rabbits can multiply faster than feral (wild) rabbits. Humans only keep domestic rabbits as pets. Humans also go out and shoot feral rabbits for their freezer, pets (mainly dogs) and stews (other meals also).
Domestic rabbits can come in multiple breeds, including: Lop Eared, Nether Land Dwarf Rabbit, Holland Lop, Angora Rabbit and Rex Rabbit etc. All breeds have different features, like floppy ears, fluffy fur or small (or big) cotton tails.
I hope you liked my informational report on rabbits. I also hope you learnt some facts and please use your new knowledge with others in the future. You can even write your own report about this topic if you want to!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!