Laura?

I returned home to find the side gate to my house left open. Curious I went through the gate to the backyard to my horror I noticed the door to the garage open, frantically I called for my dog. “Tiger, Tiger” I yelled with no response. Worried I walked up to the side door to the house and found it unlocked. Afraid I entered and found my house ransacked. Shocked I walked around the house, to my horror I found a trail of blood leading down to the door, once again my curiosity led me to follow the trail. I found my self out the front once again… this time the garage roller door was up! I continued to follow the trail. The trail led me to a window at the side of the house near the garage where I found my best friend, Bec, shaken and distraught with mascara and tears running down her face and cuts on her feet. Bec and I had been friends for 12 years. I quickly untied her and asked “what’s happened?”
To my absolute shock-horror Bec informed me that an old enemy from primary school had returned for revenge. I told Bec to “stay calm and don’t move!” I made my way back to the side door I originally entered the door had been shut again and there through the glass I saw Laura, unchanged since I saw her last still short and reasonably thin, she held my dog with a threatening look on her face, In shock, form a distance I watch her lock the door and begin to walk away. Furious I run as fast as I can towards the door 10 meters, 5 meters, 3 meters, 2 meters, as I get closer I begin to turn to my side, close my eyes and run through the glass sliding door. I land hard on the floor with glass in my arms and legs, I scramble to my feet and chase Laura down. I just manage to free my dog from the tight grasp of her arms when she pulls a knife out on me. “Leave now I or I will hurt your family” says Laura. Ashamed and frightened I turn and walk back towards the door I had previously lept through. I go and sit down next to my dog, Tiger, and think over what has happened, when I remember that I had left Bec in pain with the glass still in my arms and legs I run down to where I had left Bec there I find her tied up once more along with my family. I quickly untie them and tell them “get in the car and drive far away from here”. I see my family off and return inside the house to confront Laura. It didn’t take long before I found her standing in the corner of our games room. I ask Laura “what is it that you have returned to get revenge on?” Laura turns and faces me crying, whilst she was turning around she grabbed the hockey stick next to her and swung it at me I ducked quickly and she just missed my head. I stepped towards her and grabbed the hockey stick and pulled it out of her hands. Laura looked around frantically for another weapon but failed to find anything. Laura soon realized I had the upper hand and her and began to run through the house throwing around whatever she get her hands on to obstruct me running after her. I dropped the hockey stick and chased after her hurdling the objects that she had moved into my path. She ran, I chased, down the stairs we went through the hallway, out the front door, down the driveway, up the street. I couldn’t believe how fit I felt, it felt as though I could run forever, Laura was still in sight, I knew I had to catch her. After reaching the main street I began to tire and reached deep into the pockets of my shorts for my mobile I was loosing my breath I began to dial 000… when I felt a hand on my shoulder and the soft voice of my mother “Melissa, it’s time to wake up!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!