Yarra Girls Council- How It Was Formed

I was so scared. I had no idea where they had gone. My dad...gone. I felt worried, worried that they were dead. But then I got a call. It was Lily. I heard her speak, then froze. Her dad and brother had disappeared as well. I called a few friends , only to hear that their dads and brothers had mysteriously vanished of the face of the earth. I cried for a bit, then realized that only girls lived in my council. If that happened, we would have lost heaps of jobs. I had to take action. I called a few friends and made a collaborative website we would create. We put what was happening in our council, how people could help and many other things too. My plan was to put the website on the internet and use it to get supporters to help us without all the men. Before I clicked upload, Lily called me. 'To keep this a girl council, maybe ask for only women to help us?' I said that was a brilliant idea. I edited a bit so there was a bit that said 'women only' and why, then clicked present. Within 6 hours, we had 660 women, adults and young girls working at different business normally run by men. It was fantastic. But only the next day, something happened. I saw a boy from my school, and he was definitely there. I screamed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!