Back To The 80's

Back to the 80’S

It’s late at night. Everyone was still sleeping. I tip toed across the hall to the library. I looked around for the keys to the restricted area. “Creak!” As I opened the gate to the restricted area, I wondered what was behind here. I crept across the rows of books trying not to get caught. All of a sudden, I stopped to see a silver metal box in the corner of my eye. I walked towards the box. I noticed it had lock a on it. I got the keys to see if fits in the lock and it fit. My heart was dancing on the inside. I opened the box to find a book called Back to the 80’S.

I opened the first page. “Zoom!” I got sucked into the book. I opened my eyes and my head was still spinning. I looked around to see if there were any clues to figure out where I was. All I saw was bright neon colours around me. A tall girl with black afro hair and giant hoop earrings walked up to me, “hey what’s up with your outfit.” I looked down and realized I was still in my pyjamas. I tried to change the subject. “What year is it?” I asked “Duh it’s the 80’S” she replied.

The tall girl introduced herself and said her name was Cleo I told her my name was Casey. She pulled me aside and pushed me into the bathroom “Here, take this”, she said as she passed me a pile of clothes. She gently shoved me into the toilet stall. “Hurry up. We are missing out on the party!” Cleo said, So I quickly put on the rest of the clothes on and I opened the door. “How do I look” I asked Cleo. “Fantastic!” She replied. Then she asked me, “Wait, how did you get here in the first place?”

We entered the disco party and I had finished telling Cleo about how I got there. Cleo introduced me to her best friends, Jessica and Amelia. Cleo told them all about what happened before. It was a bit awkward at first, but we became friends along the way. Amelia suggested that we should go and dance on the dance floor. Everyone agreed. We grooved to the music for hours and hours. It was the best night ever. I wish it never ended!

After a while, we got tired. Cleo suggested we should go to her house and get a drink. We walked to Cleo’s house because it was just across the street. We arrived at her house. It looked pretty normal. I expected something way different. As we entered Cleo ‘s house. Cleo’s parents greeted us with drinks. We went straight upstairs. As Cleo opened her bedroom door, bright neon colours hit my eyes. Cleo started talking about random things. I realized, “how was I going to get back home?” I asked Cleo. Suddenly everyone started to panic……

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!