Magic Monday

We pull up to the school and mum drops Toby, Bailey (my best mates) and I to kiss and drop.
‘Bye boys! Have a great day at school!’
‘Thanks, we will!’
‘C’mon!’ I say as we all start running to the gym.
It was a push and a shove to get to the door first, but I made it!!
We all start laughing as we walk into total silence... My whole class is sitting on the gym floor staring at us.
‘Whoops,’ we whisper to each other as we are still trying not to laugh.
‘Boys, come and join the rest of us please.’ ‘Have a seat,’ my teacher Mr Finley says.
‘It’s been like 10 minutes!’ ‘What’s going on!?’ Toby whispers.
KNOCK, KNOCK came from the gym door. Everyone turns around.
A guy with brown curly hair and dark skin walked in. Everyone starts gasping and whispering now.
‘Guys it’s him! ‘ecstatically saying to Toby and Bailey.
‘Everyone listen up,’ Mr Finley says.
‘As you may already know, this is Tommy Jewler, famous basketballer playing for…
‘Wildcats,’ Tommy reminds Mr.
‘Haha, yes.’ He is here to teach you some skills and drills about basketball. And, you may get his signature if you like.’
Everyone starts lining up to get signatures. When it’s my turn, I gave him my poster. ‘ZAP!’ as we both were touching it.
‘Wow, did you just feel that?!’ Tommy said.
‘Oh yeah, that was weird.’
I wait as everyone else gets theirs signed, I think to myself…’what just happened.?
‘Alright, since everyone is done, we can move on to learning some drills and skills Mr says.
Tommy grabs a basketball and tells us to spread out around the gym. He says ‘to get the ball in the hoop, you have to aim for the top corner of the little box .’ ‘So, this is how you do it.’ He goes for a shot but misses.
Everyone looks at each other. ‘Oh sorry,’ ‘I’ll try again, he laughs.
He goes for a shot again-miss. ‘Oh, since I can’t get it in, can I have a volunteer to try for me?’
I put my hand up straight away even though I’m not even good at basketball.
‘Yes, you, with the blonde hair,’ he looked directly at me.
‘I know I can do it.’ I say in my head. I repeat it 5 times again. I aim the ball in the right corner of the box and shoot.
Silence….
‘Whoa…’ Tommy says. I looked at him and he has a surprised look on his face.
‘I’m not even good at basketball.’ I say to Tommy.
‘Well you must be now, staring confused at each other.
‘Is there such thing as magic?’ Tommy says with a suspicious look.
WELLAH…. That zap I got must have given me Tommy Jewler’s magic powers, sick!! I don’t know how to give them back though, or if I even should give them back or not.
To be continued…….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!