I can't believe it happened to me!

CHAPTER 1
One day Sam Fedora, George Edberg and I were walking down the street to school.
“James Black is playing Andrea Hewitt tonight”, George said as we turned into the school grounds,
“I hope James Black wins”, Sam and I said excitedly.

CHAPTER 2
After school Sam, George and I went to Sam’s house. After a while we went to the big game and got our seats,
“Let’s go Ja-mes, let’s go”, we chanted and clapped while James was up 3-0.
Suddenly Andrea Hewitt won the match.
“Oh, no”, we said as we walked slowly to the car with a look of sadness on our faces.

CHAPTER 3
The next day Sam, George and I went to the nearest tennis court and started our usual tennis competition. When the opponents got there one huge, tough guy walked over to Sam and I he said,
“If you guys win today I’ll give you three tickets to play against James Black, but if you lose you give me both of your racquets….Deal?”
“Deal”, we said in amazement before we started playing.

CHAPTER 4
After a while we won the match 6-5. The tough guy gave us the tickets with a frown on his face and walked over to his mates in disappointment. The next day Dad drove me to Tennis Stadium for the huge game. I looked and felt as nervous as an old man singing in front of the world.
When George, Sam and I were allowed onto the tennis court we found out that there was a massive crowd watching us play against James Black.
“Wow!” we said in excitement, as we started playing. James and George on one side and Sam and I on the other. I started off serving, I hit the ball like it was a rock, and it didn’t even hit the net but the next serve was a killer and I aced George,
“Good shot”, said James,
“Th-anks”, I said nervously, from then on I played very well.
“The score is three all!” the umpire said on the loud speakers. Now James is serving, his serve zoomed like a rocket on fire and I didn’t even lift my racquet before it went past me for an ace!

CHAPTER 5
After a while the umpire said,
“The score is now 3-5”, on the loud speaker. Sam is now serving and he served the best he ever could and did lovely serves, but James and George kicked in and they won the match 6-3.
“Can I have your autograph James”, Sam, George and I asked as we shook his hand.
“How about I have your autographs, James said pointing at all the fans waiting for us to sign their tennis racquets and balls.
“Wow!” we said in amazement as we went over to the fans, meanwhile the fans went wild.
“I can’t believe it happened to me”, I said enthusiastically while signing someone’s tennis racquet.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!